Friday, March 4, 2011

My birthday and Christmas 2010


I brought Merrick home on my 30th birthday and my Mom made a yummy dinner and we had hot razzleberry pie and ice cream. I think we watched Step Up 3 and just kicked it at home. I didn't even take any pictures or anything, I was so exhausted I just didn't care. I was glad to be out of the hospital but a little overwhelmed with it being Christmas and feeling like I "had" to get certain things done at home instead of relax. Thank goodness my Mom was there to help in sooo many ways. I would have been a wreck without her the first two weeks postpartum. Christmas eve we watched a few seasonal movies and let Stone open a present or two so he would not be so overwhelmed in the morning.Christmas was super low key seeing as though I just had a baby.
We opened presents early and then drove to Grandma and Grandpa Thompsons to open more presents and have brunch and a delicous dinner that night. It was very quiet but that is what I needed this year.

This is Stone trying to make a basket. Some of his favorite gifts were a basketball and hoop, tunnel/tent, nerf gun, remote control Lighting McQueen Car, and Buzz Light Year (from G&G Sowards) and prob the biggest hit was a 12 pk of Play-do (lol) We always end up getting him too much, he would so be happy with half of what he got but nonetheless he was LOVING Christmas this year.

Sorry fuzzy shot, did not know how to edit this out.


Opening Buzz!!! He slep with him on Christmas Eve. Not the best toy to sleep with to help calm your child and induce sleep...but he insisted on sleeping with him and pushing the buttons every 5 seconds.



Merrick did alot of this on Christmas day. He got a few gifts too, but he slept most of the day and we let Stone open his gifts. I am sure he will be more interested next year.



No comments: