Monday, March 7, 2011

Merrick's Blessing-February 20, 2011


This handsome little guy is already for church. Stone wore the same outfit for his blessing when he was 3.5 weeks old, and Merrick was 2 months at his blessing. I was so worried that Merrick would not fit in the outfit especially the shoes but it all worked out, phew.


Don't you love his spooked look? He makes this face all the time it cracks me up. I just had to try the matching hat/bonnet on him just for fun. He didn't wear it during the blessing and he kicked off one of his shoes right when I handed Spence the baby to bless him, so he was chilling up there with one shoe off and one shoe on, ha , oh well..so not important to what was really going on at the time.

We tried to get a few snapshots of the fam at the luncheon, but obviously it was not very successful. Stone was ticked we made him stop playing with his cousins for a minute to take a few pics. I can never seem to keep my eyes open and this was about the only time all day that Merrick was actually awake. I wish we had taken more pictures throughout the whole day and more pics of all our family there but we didn't. Okay lets be honest I was too busy eating and relaxing :) I really need to get better at documenting these important events.



The best one we got!!!



Jaden and Stone really took to eachother on this visit. Jaden is about 15 month older than Stone and now that Stone speaks very well they seriously were having the best time together it was so cute. One minute they were playing guns and the next minute I see them like this holding hands, adorable. Stone is such my shorty I love it... I also love their cheesy grins and animated eyebrows. Yeah for cousins! The food was great we just did four different homemade soups, two salads, my dad's rolls, and Texas sheet cake and banana bars for dessert. So simple and so delicious on a snowy Sabbath day. Oh I won the airhead of the year award...So I sent out invites to mostly family and a few friends and I accidentally switched two of the numbers for the address to the church. So some of our friends who don't go to church busted their butt to get their by 9 a.m. and totally missed the blessing...and two of his cousins who were going to help bless Merrick did not make it in time from Provo area also. I cannot tell you how awful I felt and apologized to them and Spence about a million times. The good thing was that everyone who was able to come eventually showed up. There was a snowstorm that morning so we did not have as many people come as expected but maybe it was a good thing with my address mistake. The funy thing was that the address I gave had almost thesame coordinates to another church building, ha. Only in Utah!!


1 comment: