Thursday, March 3, 2011

Introducing Merrick Ryder Thompson


So after trying to "naturally" induce labor we decided to get induced on December 21st. My doctor actually asked me the week before if I wanted to get induced but I was trying to wait it out as long as possible. I swear only Christmastime doctors are inducing babies left and right. I could have waited but my mom was already here and Spence was more than anxious (an understatement) and being born at Christmastime I personally preferred being born right before Christmas than the day of or day or two after... I had a few natural contractions that morning anyhow so I think he would have been bron that day or the day after anyhow.
The doc said I had to be on a waiting list and that I probably wouldn't get in, but I had to call at 5:30 a.m. and see what was available. The night before I could not sleep at all adn I sent Spence to work because I didn't think that I would get induced that day. Well Icalled at 5:30 and they said come in as soon as possible. I was so excited but not so excited to drive about 15 minutes away in a horrible snowstorm. Since Spence wasn't there I drove my Mom and Stone with me going about 25 m.p.h on Bangerter hwy. It was a little stressful since the roads were a mess but I felt peaceful we would make it there just fine. I checked in and they started the whole inuction process. My Mom was too nervous to drive home and I personally did not want her to so her and Stone kept me company until Spence came and my mother inlaw gave Mom and Stone a ride home. My nurses were great and my epidural was awesome...Such a smooth and quick labor, even better than my first.

I sent Spence to the cafeteria to grab a quick bite. I did not think I would go from a 7 to a 10 in 20 minutes...ahh. Spence left his cell phone in the room with me so he had to be paged and was running back as fast as he could. A few minutes and 4 0r 5 pushes later we were happy to meet this little guy.

Merrick Ryder Thompson born December 21, 2010 7lbs 10 oz 19.75 inches



He arrived so quickly I almost could not believe it...HAPPY DAY!

The Happy Daddy holding his boy for the first time.



No comments: