Friday, July 23, 2010

We're baaaaaack!


On the "train" at the This is the Place monument. We got to see real reindeer and walk around the mock pioneer town, see a live Nativity (live RATS included)...disgusting and drink some hot cocoa by the firepit. It was both Stone's and my first time there. I think it would be a fun tradition.


Our little trooper on Christmas Day! at Primary Childrens Medical Center. This is Stone on the mend from Kawasaki disease (totally un-related to C.A.H.) We were in the hospital basically the last three weekends of December...they kept sending us home with different diagnosis and Stone would seem well for a few days then backslide again. The last time we went we said we are not leaving until you figure out what he has...so by that point all the symptoms of Kawasaki were manifest. He had to get a heart echo because your arteries and surrounding areas get inflemed and can have a heart attack. He was on baby aspirin for a month after. So CRAZY! Once they did figure out what he had, he got an infusion of antibodies and was a whole new little boy. Yeah for modern medicine! Santa came to visit all the kids and gave them pre-made ginger bread houses, home-made blankets and a stuffed animal. They also gave the parents a free Christmas dinner from the cafeteria which actually wasn't so bad. Everyone was so wonderful there and made being there on Christmas not so bad. We celebrated our "real" Christmas on the 29th and had soo much fun with Spence's side of the family.

The only birthday shot we got for my 29th. I went to Princess and the Frog with the ladies in the fam and went to the Dodo for dinner with Aaron and Fitriah (Spence's bf growing up and his wife). When we got back Stone was still not well so about 10 p.m. we were off to the E.R. again and there to stay until December 27th...we were sure glad he was our only kid and he is still young so he didn't know it was Christmas.


Stone hanging out with some of his cousins after the Thanksgiving feast.
L-R Reef, Jaden, Mercedes and Stone



Some of my best girlfriends growing up. We were able to see Heather and Valentino be sealed in the Oakland temple a couple days before thanksgiving. It was so great to see her so happy and to see so many awesome friends and their kids. We did alot of park days!



So I quit my job at the Utah Alcoholism Foundation/House of Hope in November...and that is where I did my blogs from since it was a graveshift job. I was too lazy to go do it at my husbands warehouse and we finally have had internet the past six weeks so no more excuses. We are back on the blogging circuit and here to stay. I am way too overwhelmed to add a ton of commentary and pics from the last almost nine months, but I will give some high-lights so I can catch everyone (the two or three people) who read our blog, up to speed. Backwards post again. oops

1 comment:

JasonDebbie said...

Hey I thought you guys died when I saw you havent put anything up for like 9 months. j/k I'm glad little Stone is O.K now, it sucks having babies stuck in the hospital.