Friday, July 23, 2010

Adventures in Babysitting in Austin-March 2009


The beginning of March Justin and Janae flew me out to Austin to watch their four kids while they celebrated a be-lated 10th anniversary on a cruise. I was so stoked to be in a new place and out of the Utah cold. I had so much fun with the kids but a new found respect for single moms everywhere. I can never complain about one kid ever. Five kids under five is crazy, but it also can be way fun too. Luckily my brother flew Spence in for the weekend to help me out and also to show us Austin. Justin is always wanting us to move their and after being there I would seriously love to live there also. The town has such a cool artsy, hippy kind of vibe and I obviously think the music scene there is great. There is sooo much to do for families and I know the summer humidity sucks but I would take that over cold and snow anyday. I know we will be around Utah for probably at least another couple years unless other opportunities arise. I wish we could have seen Justin and Janae longer but the short time I did see them we cruised downtoww without kids, ate at the BBQ joint the Salt Lick and went to check out Lake Travis after their cruise. I only downloaded a few pics of the trip:Stone came upon Peyton's princess heels and had to give them a try. It was so classic to see him try to walk in heels. Him and Brock even wanted their toe nails painted when I was painting the girls nails. We used some more manly colors for them. Ever since that trip Stone loves to get his toe nails painted. I guess Spence is okay with it for now, he just said stay away from the pink...I did pink once and bought some orange, blue, green, etc after that.


Stone ready for some X-games. Justin has a cool little half pipe in the backyard..the kids love climbing up and sliding down it. Stone loves knee-pads, helmets, etc...I am so glad because this kid has ZERO fear.

No comments: