Thursday, October 2, 2008

Northern California Road Trip

I flew home with Stone for my cousin Rachels wedding up in northern California. We drove up with my brother Brandon's family and my mom and dad. It was about a six hour drive north and a beautiful drive too. It has been a long time since I have been on a "family" road trip, the kind where you are singing songs and kids are fighting and everyones snacking and laughing and talking and asking, "Are we there yet?". It was great to sthe bee close family and friends all over the hotel and at the wedding of course. Garberville is a small town in the redwoods and it was such a peaceful getaway. Our fam had fun going to some of the fun shops with redwood carvings and skunk and davey crocket hats, and other fun trinkets. We drove the suburban through the famous Chandelier tree in Legget, CA. We had so much fun playing that we (the girls) were extremely rushed to get ready for the wedding, which I wasn't too happy about. The wedding was something out of a storybook. Rachel looked so beautiful and happy...the scenery was beautiful, overlooking the valley, a pond, llamas, and sunflowers everywhere, a great barn dance, and of course great food. (it's a Sowards event). I know some people dread going to weddings, but I absolutely love it. After the wedding we slept over one more night with the whole fam in a suite and headed back to the bay. On the way back we drove part way along the coast and stopped in Mendocino...It's an artsy coastal town with lots of bed and breakfast. I drooled over some high end boutique fashions and some other fun shops. We had lunch at a cute cafe overlooking the water (depending where you sit). My family dropped Stone and I off at the Oakland airport a little early and I ended up seeing and sitting next to one of Brandon's old friends who was at the wedding and Bishop Halls son Jon and his new wife. (Perks of living in S.L.C.) It was such a great trip and so fun to have quality time with my family. The only way the trip would be better was if my husband could have came. I knew he would have loved the area. I just have so much more fun with my hubster around.

1 comment:

. said...

Stone is just getting cuter and cuter, and more and more chubby! I love it. You are looking pretty good yourself Brooke. Wish I had seen you while you were out here.