Monday, October 27, 2008

My Ultimate Fighter

For those of you who don't know my husband, he is a pretty tough guy. He trained in Muso-Kai and shodokan (I think) which Muso-Kai is taken from Okinawan Karate. He trained from 6-17 years old and was a thrid degree black belt. He has been training at a mixed martial arts gym for about a year. He was working out last wednesday and apparently the owner of the gym and another guy were watching him hit the heavy bag for about an hour. They asked him if he would be interested in fighting this Saturday and of course he said yes. I guess someone backed out from the card from Idaho so Spence filled his spot. They fought in a real Octagon at this bar/nightclub/hotel called Elevate. His two friends were his corner men and he had another couple friends watch with me in the audience. Everyone asks if I am scared to see him fight but I know he is tough and can handle his business. Spence weighed in at 223 and his competitor was 248 and lets just say alot more flabby than Spence. I felt bad for his competitor before going into the fight. It was both there first fight, but Spence was definitely faster and more skilled by far. He won in 90 seconds by a T.K.O. I was so proud of him and it was so cool to see my husband up there in the limelight doing what he loves to do. Now he is a certified pro cagefighter and can fight anywhere throughout the nation. They would not let us take any pics inside so I just posted a few cagefighting pics and part of a scan of his first check. Wahoo. It will be televised on a local channel and on-line I think. We will find out more today. Great job Honey!!! Like I said when we first met, I feel very safe around you, and your performance Saturday emphasized that once again. I love you!!!

1 comment:

. said...

All I can say is WOW.