Saturday, November 7, 2009

Celebrating at Bear Lake


So my Aunt and Uncle have a house at Bear Lake and they so generously let family stay for free. Spence has Wednesdays off and I work on the weekend so we decided to go for a short overnighter, the day after his b-day. This was our first true night alone without the baby. And yes at times I admit we wished Stone was there the other 95% it was sooo good to just enjoy eachother. Since it was after Labor Day Bear Lake was dead, a bit eerie almost but we loved it. It is so beautiful and peaceful. Hopefully next year we can stay longer because 24 hours was definitely not enough.


I love A-frames. Somehow a bat flew in the masterbedroom while we were getting out of the shower. I was freaked out and I told Spence to go open the sliding glass door so it would fly out...The bat started swooping down on Spence and he was dodging it up and down buck naked, it was so classic. I never see the guy get scared so it was really funny. And of course since he was naked it made it funnier. It looked like a scene from a comedy movie. He got kind of mad at me for about 5 minutes because, I stayed in the bathroom with the door almost closed. I didn't want to be caught naked with a bat in a small bathroom with no way out. So needless to stay the bat spent the night in out big master bedroom and we ended up sleeping in a tiny bedroom.

Our yummy steak dinner. I had crab legs again and fell in love again. Spence has to help me eat them because I get so intimidated with the whole process. Cracking the leg, pulling them apart, discarding this part, eating this part...alot of work, but so worth it!



The living room. Spence was so tickled to find about 200 laser disc movies. We found movies you can't even get at Blockbuster, maybe FYE but not blockbuster. We watched Turner adn Hooch, Navy Seals, some Apocalypse type of Movie and The Lost Boys. (He picked all the movies except Lost Boys) I love seeing the SC Boardwalk in that movie and see the Corey's before they were drugged out has beens. I used to be so in love with Corey Haim. In the morning we walked the beach and collected shells and walked on these old rickety docks. It was so relaxing. They have the best rasberry everything there too so we couldn't leave without rasberry shakes and chocolate covered rasberries.



No comments: