Saturday, August 29, 2009

What we have been up to this summer


Visiting with my friend Kirin at my parent's house.


Drew stayed with us for about 6 weeks this summer. It was alot of fun to have him around. He definitely keeps things lively as if that's hard if you know my husband. Drew and Spence together is quite a sight...I was ready to pass out the ritalin somedays, we settled for energy drinks:) Drew was such a big help with Stone babysitting a few times in a pinch, staying in the car for a minute while I did quick errands and just keeping him entertained. Drew even made us a fabulous dinner one night...quite the talented young man. Eleven going on 21...seriously.

A ghetto picture of my first "Perfume Party display" I need to stain my oil carrier but no one but myself seems to mind. I have had three parties two in Utah and one at my mom's and the response has been pretty good. Those that have tried my perfume oils are hooked. I took a little break July and August and am ready to roll again. I have two parties this week that other people are hosting. Wahoo.


Stone took quite a fall on Sunday morning June 28th. We were late to church and he tripped on his own feet I guess and hit the corner of the wall and split his forehead open. I was pretty scared and was so glad Spence and Drew were there to help calm him while we took him to the E.R. We had to wait about two hours which is ridiculous. He was so hungry and cranky by the time they stitched him up. It took Drew, Spence and I to hold him down to even have the nurse put numbing medication on him. I was sent out of the room when they stitched him up. I walked down the hall and held back the tears as my baby screamed...he was so mad that he was wrapped tightly to the bed to keep him still. We literally ran home for two seconds and grabbed our luggage and Drew, Stone and I headed on a plane to San Jose. Great timing, huh? Stone was really good on the flight...but no swimming for him until the end of the week. He had to watch me in the pool teaching the younger cousins how to swim...poor guy. I know this won't be the last time for stitches with this kid either.



Family night-bonfire at Millcreek Canyon



No comments: