Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bon Iver Concert and Stone's new accessory


Here is Stone at the Galivan Outdoor Summer concert series. They have very cool bands to see every Thursday and yummy food and art/craft vendors. To me keeping up with new music is a full time job, so luckily our friend Josh keeps us supplied with new indie artists all the time. Last November he introduced us to Bon Iver, who I immediately fall in love with. (I don't fall in love easily, either:) His music is raw, soulful, and hauntingly beautiful. On this particular night we arrived too late to get a decent spot on the grass. So we ended up listening while we chased this kid around.


Stone taking off through the crowd. I love how tiny he looks here and he just charges on through like nobody's business. By the end of the set we were grateful to not be on the grass because there is no way Stone would have been able to sit still. He made a couple friends and played ball and chase and kicked empty water bottles everywhere. (Spence and I decided maybe next time we'll go to a concert on our own).

Stone's need for independence and walking everywhere by himself has led me to buying one of these. (Our's is a lion though). I never thought I would use a leash/harness for my child but never say never. This product was like a gift from heaven to us. AMAZING...and Stone doesn't seem to mind...so far.


Stone banging on the front door wanting to go outside right when he wakes up. If the front door is open a crack he bolts for the door and tries to get out. He could literally be outside all day rain or shine, which overall I am happy about.


1 comment:

MrsSquiddles1315 said...

Stone is so cute!!I miss you guys so much!I can wait till Thanksgiving though cause I might get to go with my dad to get you and Stone out here!I love you so much and this is the only way pretty much I can even look at you guys!LOL!!Love ya!! Sadie Bug