Sunday, August 23, 2009

Stone please stop doing this...


Spence and I have decided we have a bulimic baby on our hands, although I don't think he has a self image problem, he just thinks it's funny. At least once or twice a day, usually while I am driving I hear a weird coughing noise and Stone has two fingers down his throat trying to make himself throw up. I have to reach back and slap his hands down tell him no and he just cracks up. Usually it's just a little spit up...but the worst was about a month ago on our way to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City. We were about halfway there and Stone decides to make himself throw up. I cleaned him up while Spence drove and he does it again just because we told him no, and Spence pulled the dad move (well my dad at least) He pulled the car off the highway and gave him a good swat and our kid does not even cry...just gave Spence the look of death for about five minutes and he is back to his happy self. Have any of you had problems with this, or is my kid just "unique"?
p.s. Don't call C.P.S. on us. And yes we do believe in spanking...keepin it old school. We were both spanked and we turned out somewhat normal.

5 comments:

jenica said...

f totally made himself throw up. usually at bed time when he didn't want to go to sleep. he would wait for us to lay him down and leave and then he'd gag himself and throw up all over his bed. fun! the way he got over it was for us to totally ignore him while we cleaned it up. i would set him in something else that he couldn't get out of while i cleaned up the bed. then i would clean him up without talking to him or making eye contact. then i'd put him back in bed.

it's so freakin' hard to be a mama.

xoxo

BrookeandSpence said...

thanks jenica.

JasonDebbie said...

Maybe its a cry for help, since youre all such bad parents, spanking him and everything. j/k we totally spank, though I've never done it to mckenna yet. But thats only because compared to the other 2 older ones, shes a little ANGEL!! I got flashbacks of kaitlyn when I read your thing, how kaitlyn would totally do bad stuff just because we said not to, its funny.

Tiffiny said...

All my kids would do the gagging thing to get attention but Reef was the one that would put fingers (sometimes the whole fist) in his mouth to make that gagging/dry heaving sound. He never actually threw up from it, though. (Although he used to cry so hard when it was time to go to bed that it would make him yak.) We made the mistake of babying him the first time it happened (thinking he was sick)but it all was a nasty ploy. He was playing us like fiddles. Jenica's advice is superb!!!

I MISS YOU GUYS!! LOVE YOU!!!

MrsSquiddles1315 said...

My parents never told me I did that.My parents always told me I was happy and joyfull and a good baby.Even though I don't do that now I can still imagine myself doing that when I was little.I also remember one time when I was about 4 I did that and I threw up.Loves and hugs ~sadie bug