Friday, January 9, 2009

One of my many goals

One goal for the new year is to post in a timely manner. I have a tendency to find older photos and decide I want to post them months later. I guess I have two excuses for putting up these pics late was that 1) our old camera worked only when it wanted to, and 2) we moved and had our camera in storage for almost a month. No more excuses my family and friends because my wonderful husband bought me my very own digital camera. (I think he realized I used his more than he did). I'm very excited because it's waterproof (I can take it underwater up to 13 ft), and dust and "drop" resistant. The drop resistant is a very important feature if you know my husband and I very well. I tease my husband because I tell him how rough he is on things and he doesn't even mean too; like the time he sat on my Amish rocking chair and broke one side of it, just by sitting; or like last Christmas how he did some MMA kick and when his foot came crashing down my cute ceramic Santa came sailing down off our hutch from across the room...All I had to do was laugh about that one. So things falling and breaking seem to be a common occurence in this house. Last month I was screwing in a simple lightbulb and the thing just shattered. Could it be my "Mom Strength", that I have seen and heard people talk about but never really experienced firsthand. Not more than two weeks earlier I sat on my glasses and broke them right down the middle. Spence has to fix his glasses about three times a week (Stone loves to grab off dad's face, and pull glasses apart). Thank goodness for Krazy Glue, that's all I have to say. Stone seems to be a "breaker" also, in a matter of two days he broke two glasses and a gerber baby jar. I am part to blame for keeping the cups and jar within his reach (rookie mom move) ...that kid does not even flinch for breaking glass. I am just glad that he never hurt himself or that a shard of glass did not graze his eyeball (Mom's crazy fears). Anyhow now that I have this wonderful new camera I have no excuse but to post in an orderly fashion. So feast your eyes on my cornacopia of photos from the past two months. No need for captions, just a few fun ones like: Stone falling over on a chair, Stone's sleepy eyes, Stone crawling over and sucking on dad's big toe (they were clean don't worry) and a few firsts like first horse ride, first snow, first cracker, and a smattering of just some cute photos of my boy because he is just growing up too fast.

No comments: