Saturday, May 31, 2008

Falcon Lodge near Duschene, Ut




About two weeks ago I took Stone on a little overnighter with my in laws. My father in law had a conference at this beautiful lodge. It does not look very pretty on the outside but the inside is gorgeous. Spence was sick that weekend and didn't want to get the baby sick and I was itching to go somewhere bad, so it worked out perfect. It was a beautiful drive there and it was such a relaxing place. It was a bit creepy at night because only three other people slept over besides us and we were truly in the middle of nowhere. (Ever seen the Shining?) I thought for sure I would see two creepy kids riding tricycles down the hallway at midnight as I went downstairs to feed Stone. There is a peacefulness and creepiness to places that quiet. I saw more stars than I have seen for a while and that was so nice. There was a mother daughter cooking team who made all our meals...wonderful. Wish I could take them home. Margot and I went on a pretty nature walk and saw all kinds of animals. It was amazing how nice it felt to be out of slc for one day. It would have been even better with Spence there but I will take what I can get.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

What a beautiful little baby! I'm glad you could get away for a minute. We need to get together so I can hold Stone.